Student Research and Innovation Symposium
Student Research and Innovation Symposium (SRIS)
(in conjunction with MIND–2019)
3 - 4 March 2019
National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana-136119, India
Student Research and Innovation Symposium (SRIS) a sister concern activity of MIND-2019. The main objective of SRIS is to motivate the student community to develop projects with innovative ideas which should support as an add-on to the human lifestyle. SRIS provides a platform to the students of B.Tech, MCA/BCA, M.Tech and PhD to showcase their technical skills and innovations in solving real life problems with the help of applications of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Submissions to the Student Research and Innovation Symposium (SRIS) are invited on all topics of interest to the MIND 2019 conference.. Submissions to the SRIS should satisfy the following criteria:
- The first author of any submission should be a full-time undergraduate / postgraduate / or a PhD student, and affiliated with any academic institution.
- The submission should describe your current research including motivation, key related works, methodology, initial results, future plans and specific issues that you intend to discuss at the symposium.
- We welcome many kinds of papers, such as, but not limited to: novel research papers/project, work-in-progress papers/project, appraisal papers of existing methods and tools (e.g., lessons learned).
Intended participants must submit their research proposal with student as the first authors and co-authored by supervisor(s) and co-researchers if any. In separate note information on the research student like name, affiliation, advisor’s name, theme of research, degrees obtained so far, and current status in their degree. A write up should be a concise description of the problem statement, scientific and technical approach, and the results obtained so far. Sufficient information should be provided for the chairs and the review board members to judge the merit of the research. The submissions should be in PDF format. The write up should be presented in IEEE format with page limit not more than 6 pages and should be submitted electronically.
The submitted proposal will go through a peer review process. The selected proposal will be invited to demonstrate during the conference. The best three projects will be awarded with certificate and attractive prizes.
First Submission: October 19, 2018
Acceptance/ Rejection Notification: November 1, 2018
Final Submission: November 20, 2018
Registration: December 15, 2018
Demonstration: March 3-4, 2019
Email us: email@example.com
- A team must comprise of not more than 4 members (2 or 3 students + 1 advisor/mentor/guide).
- Students can be from any stream of B.Tech, MCA/BCA, M.Tech and BSc./MSc. (CS & IT).
- Members of a team must be affiliated with the same educational institute.
- The project has to be recommended by the head of the Institute/Department.
- Soft copy of the project template must be submitted through Email to the Chairman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Write up of the project should be prepared as per the template provided below.
- Only selected project will be called for the presentation and will be communicated via email.
Each proposal will be evaluated by SRIC committee members. The project will be evaluated mainly on the following key points:
- Societal contribution
- Technology Adopted
- Cost Incurred
- Its Commercial Implications
- Hostel accommodation will be provided to all participants of the selected project for the presentation.